As a very special reward for all your hard work throughout the 28 Day Power Up we have chosen the recipes that we think are the most scrumptious! Think pancakes, think slices, and some heartwarming classics. Enjoy cooking up some healthy delicious options to add a little inspiration to your big final week of putting it all together. Enjoy and good luck!
Breakfast: Vegan Pancakes (Vegan)
(Per Serve – 2 Cakes)
- Total Calories: 150cal
- Carbohydrates: 30.1g
- Proteins: 3.1g
- Fats: 2.5g
- Saturated Fats: 1.2g
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- ½ Cup Caster Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Rice Milk
- 2 tsp Vanilla Paste
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Maple Syrup to serve
- Berries to serve
- Coconut Yogurt to serve
How to make:
- Place flour and sugar in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Make a well. Place milk and vanilla in a large jug. Add baking powder, then vinegar. Lightly whisk with a fork until frothy. Add to well. Stir until mixture is smooth and just combined. Set aside for 15 minutes..
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat. Brush pan with coconut oil. Spoon 1/4 cup batter into pan, spreading to form a 12cm round. Repeat to make 2 pancakes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles appear on surface. Turn and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining mixture, brushing pan with oil between batches..
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup, mixed berries and yoghurt.
Snack: Sesame Puffed Rice Bars (Balanced)
- Total Calories: 177cal
- Carbohydrates: 16.3g
- Proteins: 4.1g
- Fats: 9.6g
- Saturated Fats: 1.1g
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 3/4 cup honey
- 4 cups puffed rice
- 1 1/2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 cups pepitas
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
How to make:
- Grease a 20cm x 30cm lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm above edges of pan.
- Place tahini and honey in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until honey has melted and mixture is combined.
- Combine puffed rice, sunflower seeds, pepitas and sesame seeds in a bowl. Add tahini mixture.
- Working quickly, stir until combined. Spoon mixture into prepared pan, pressing with the back of a spoon to level and compact (see notes). Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- Cut into 20 bars. Refrigerate until required.
Lunch: Gluten Free Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
- Total Calories: 139cal
- Carbohydrates: 8.3g
- Proteins: 9.1g
- Fats: 6.8g
- Saturated Fats: 2.9g
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, plus 60ml (1 ⁄4 cup) extra
- 150g smoked gluten-free bacon, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 5 eggs
- 100g (2⁄3 cup) gluten-free self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 2 (about 380g) zucchini, coarsely grated, excess moisture squeezed
- 80g gluten-free cheddar, coarsely grated
- Rocket leaves or salad leaves, to serve
How to make:
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Grease and line a 20 x 30cm slice pan with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over high heat. Add the bacon and onion and cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until bacon is crisp and onion is soft. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Use a fork to whisk the eggs in a large bowl until combined. Add the flour and baking powder and mix until smooth. Add the zucchini, cheese, bacon mixture and extra oil. Stir to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or slice is golden and set.
- Cut slice into 12 pieces and serve with rocket.
Lunch: All-in Vegetarian Chilli (Vegetarian)
- Total Calories: 382cal
- Carbohydrates: 38.1g
- Proteins: 10.8g
- Fats: 20.5g
- Saturated Fats: 8.9g
- 1 Cup chopped and peeled pumpkin
- 1 corn cob, kernels removed
- 1 red capsicum, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 400g can chopped tomato
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- Tortillas, to serve
- Cooked rice to serve
- Yogurt to serve
How to make:
- Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the vegetables, garlic, chilli and coriander. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the cumin, paprika and cayenne. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until aromatic. Add the tomato, beans and water. Season. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with rice and tortillas. Top with coriander leaves and sour cream or yoghurt.
Dinner: Chargrilled Lamb and Veggie Sandwich (Balanced)
- Total Calories: 340cal
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Proteins: 28g
- Fats: 13g
- Saturated Fats: 3g
- 400g lamb leg steaks
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large red capsicum, deseeded, cut into 2cm-wide strips
- 1 (about 300g) eggplant, trimmed, cut into 1cm-thick slices
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed, peeled into ribbons
- 4 slices wholegrain bread, chargrilled
- 2 tbsp Hommus Dip
- 50g baby rocket leaves, to serve
- Low-fat yoghurt, to drizzle
How to make:
- Pound the lamb steaks between 2 pieces of baking paper until about 3-4mm thick. Place the garlic, cumin, mint, lemon juice and oil in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add the lamb and turn to coat. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes to marinate.
- Preheat a chargrill on high. Spray the capsicum, eggplant and zucchini lightly with olive oil. Chargrill the vegetables for 2-3 minutes each side or until tender and lightly charred, then transfer to a plate.
- Chargrill the lamb for 1-2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 2 minutes to rest.
- Spread bread with the hummus. Top with the eggplant, capsicum, lamb, zucchini and rocket. Drizzle with yoghurt. Season with pepper.