Our easy spinach dip recipe is packed with fibre, nutrients and healthy superfood energy. The perfect pre or post-workout snack, healthy lunch option or irresistible appetiser. Whenever you’re asked to ‘bring a plate’ to a get-together, this simple spinach dip recipe will be your new favourite go-to. Always a winner with the crowds.
Spinach Dip Ingredients
- 500g Fresh or frozen baby spinach (thawed)
- ½ large brown onion finely chopped
- 1 large carrot (finely grated)
- 3 cloves Garlic (2 x large cloves crushed, 1 x small clove finely grated)
- 2 x Cups (or 500g) Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ Cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Source – ifoodreal
Spinach Dip Recipe
- Defrost frozen spinach overnight
- Squeeze water out of spinach, chop and set aside
- If using fresh spinach, chop and saute in a pan until wilted
- Squeeze liquid out of the spinach
- Heat a non-stick pan with a dash of olive oil
- Add the onion, two crushed garlic cloves and grated carrot, saute stirring occasionally until translucent. Transfer to a bowl with the spinach and allow to cool
- Add yoghurt, mayo, salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with healthy brown rice crackers, veggie sticks or your fav dip chip.
Flavourful, filling, colourful and oh-so-good for you!
Try this baby and you’ll never go back to the packaged stuff. Your taste buds and your bod will thank you.
Vegan Dip Tips
Our vegan friends can substitute yoghurt with a coconut yoghurt or vegan raita. Mayo can be substituted with avocado; but add a splash of fresh lemon to give it a tangy kick. Enjoy!