After a long day at work, often the last thing you feel like doing is cooking a complex, nutritionally complete meal. But don’t reach for that takeout menu just yet, because there are plenty of quick healthy dinners you can whip up with minimal fuss.
Here are some quick dinner ideas to make your after-work meals just that little bit healthier and easier.
Quick & Easy Healthy Dinner Recipes
● 200g cooked chicken
● 1 Cos lettuce, chopped
● 2 spring onions, sliced
● 2 pieces pitta bread
● 2 tomatoes, chunked
● small handful parsley, chopped
● ½ a cucumber, chunked
● 2 tbsp olive oil
● 1-2 tsp ground sumac
● juice of 2 lemons
1. Pour lemon juice into a bowl and whisk as you slowly add olive oil.
2. Once mixture starts to thicken, add lettuce, chicken, spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber and parsley, and stir well.
3. Toast pitta until crisp, then chop into chunks.
4. Scatter toasted pitta pieces over salad and sprinkle the sumac.
5. Serve immediately.
Tandoori Naan Pizzas
● 4 pieces naan bread
● 6 tandoori marinated chicken skewers
● ½ a small red onion, cut into thin wedges
● ½ cup plain Greek yoghurt
● 50g baby spinach
● 2 tbsp mango chutney
● 2 tbsp slivered almonds
● 2 tbsp sultanas
1. Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
2. Cook and turn skewers for 10 minutes or until cooked through.
3. Take chicken off skewers and chop.
4. While chicken is cooking, preheat a grill on medium-high.
5. Place naan bread on a foil-lined baking tray and grill for 2 minutes.
6. Combine chutney and yoghurt in a bowl, and spread over naan.
7. Top with chicken, onion, spinach, sultanas and almonds.
8. Grill for 3 minutes and serve.
Tuna and Potato Salad
● 425g canned tuna, drained and flaked
● 12 chat potatoes
● 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
● 2 celery stalks, trimmed and thinly sliced
● ⅓ cup yoghurt and garlic dressing
● 75g baby spinach
● salt and pepper
1. Submerge potatoes in a large saucepan of water.
2. Bring to boil and reduce to medium heat.
3. Cook for 15 – 17 minutes, drain and cut into quarters.
4. Place potatoes in a large bowl.
5. Add tuna, spinach, tomato and celery, and pour on dressing.
6. Season with salt and pepper, toss to combine.