As Wynnum gyms are becoming more popular, it’s important to find some great local cafes and restaurants to hang out with your gym buddies to reward yourself for your workout.
For many of us, hitting the gym is no walk in the park. It takes a considerable amount of discipline and hard work which, let’s be honest, is not always easy to come by.
When you’re feeling particularly unmotivated and the only thing you can think of is what you’ll have for your next meal, why not try out a reward system? If you tend to work out better in the mornings, wake up the earliest you can for your gym session. Then afterwards you can treat yourself with a hearty and delicious breakfast.
Are you an avid foodie and want to find out about some healthy restaurants in Wynnum? Our top Wynnum restaurants and cafes are sure to offer great food that won’t undo your training.
6 Wynnum Food Spots to Try After Your Next Workout
Nutrition for the Early Rise
- The Rabbit Hole Cafe: Do you feel like some delicious coffee and a savoury meal after a workout? The Rabbit Hole Café has well-balanced meals like their ‘Corso Salsa,’ served with avo, tomato, eggs, curry salt, chilli and coriander.
- Colossal Cafe: For all those gym junkies on a diet, this charming bistro offers heaps of different healthy breakfasts including some tasty paleo options like toasted chia seed bread.
Both cafes have their own version of a ‘create your own menu’ so that you can fully customise your morning meal.
- P&C Chicken Bar: Chicken is a well-known source of protein, so grabbing a chicken fillet burger, wrap or salad from this humble bar is a mouth-watering way to maintain that mean muscle mass.
- New Wave: If you favour a wholly organic approach to eating, try a tuna or vegan rice paper roll or seasonal salad for some fresh post-exercise nourishment.
Perfect Post-workout Supper
- Casa di Louie: When you can feel your muscles burning from that late-night lifting session, replenish your body with some good old Italian-style carbs. Dishes include spinach and ricotta cannelloni and clam linguine, just to name a few.
- Gum Sing Restaurant: If you love a good seafood platter and Asian cuisine, go no further than Gum Sing. It is in a convenient location across from the main train station and has received stellar online ratings.